Sunday, May 9, 2010

High Performance Challenge (HPC). AWESOME!








I arrived at Sepang International Circuit around 7:30am although still sleepy due to watching Drag battle last night. I'm among the early birds who comes early for registration.





Most of the participants are from Singapore and Malaysia. They comes with their car clubs, (i.e. Alfa Romeo, Subaru) and most of them are same group with me, G1. The briefing starts at 8:45am by the head instructor and after the briefing, the instructor appointed for each driver in G 1. 





A myvi driver besides me get Liona Chin as his instructor. My instructor is abam syahrol who is very knowledgeable and skillful. A lot of skills and advice been told and the session went good. It consists of 3 sections and 25 minutes on track for each sections. After every sections, it'll be a short break to give way for G3 and G2 to take part in the circuit.





The first and second section is very good and i push my car to the limit but still, the instructor call it 'makan angin'. Yeah, you cant compare a stock car with a racing car. Stock car enters a corner at 130kmh but racing car is around 170-220 kmh. Dont bother about that. Resulting on my action, my car front tyres almost out of thread. During 3rd section, my car almost slide out of the track but at turn 9 and 14. I manage to finish only 2 laps before going back to the pit. Its a very facinating experience and i'm looking forward for next event.



Thank you to Ken Gurusamy for organizing this event, Syahrol for being a good instructor and commented on me as "willing to learn & good driving", fatin a-new-friend e90, qhayreel for photograh (havent get those pictures from u), boyhebat and kinz for a good advice and those who supported me. 

p/s: saw subaru spins a lot at turn 1,2, 9 and e36 spins at turn 4. nice~

2 comments:

  1. it's awesome activities that legitimize your leisure time. shld involve more since ths interest u a lot :)

    ReplyDelete